digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

(Concept)The Kinne and the Kainne

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:15 pm   Reply with quote

These two are part of the life cycle of a bug species on Kendesai.
The Kinne(Kin-neigh), pictured on the left, is exceedinly similar to Earth's cuttlefish in looks. At this stage, Kinne are shy, and tend to hide whenever they hear something, even other Kinne. Their wings also act like flippers for whenever they have to traverse on the ground, somewhat helplessly pulling themselves along with them. They can be as small as your hand, and can grow up to be the size of a human baby.
When threatened, it spits a wad of a silk like substance that hardens in under a second after leaving it's mouth in an attempt to stun it's foe. After spending a year in this form, they, like a catterpillar, form a (suprisingly tough atfirst)coccoon around themselves, and begin to change into the creature on the right.

The Kainne(Kai-neigh), shown on the right, are the adult stage of the Kinne. During the change, their wings have grown larger, and more suited to it's body while gaining a pattern that differs greatly depending on the Kainne, but always has some similarity to the mathmatical sign for Pi. Their outer structure has gained a tougher exterior, and they have noticably grown limbs. In this stage, they are nearly three feet tall, and are suprisingly stronger than they appear. Their "paws" have claws near indistinguishable from the rest of the appendage aside from a slightly lighter tone for the claws.These are used as self defense and to brace themselves against strong winds, which can carry them away if they're not careful.
Gemstone Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm   Reply with quote

The Air Marshal is going to have a field day. Someday, evil greedy pig aliens are going to invade countless planets and enslave and destroy countless species, in search of a new home to stripe-mine and spoik! Haha! Fantastic! Ysh! And you know it to be true!
Hell    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 pm   Reply with quote

Tails Doll wrote:
The Air Marshal is going to have a field day. Someday, evil greedy pig aliens are going to invade countless planets and enslave and destroy countless species, in search of a new home to stripe-mine and spoik! Haha! Fantastic! Ysh! And you know it to be true!

But can they stand against a planet where most sentient inhabitants can control the elements themselves, dragons are not only common, but come in two different species with four to six different types, and weapon/magic usage is taught at childhood?
Gemstone Goods    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:

But can they stand against a planet where most sentient inhabitants can control the elements themselves, dragons are not only common, but come in two different species with four to six different types, and weapon/magic usage is taught at childhood?
Can they stand the might of technology and environmental disdain?
Hell    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 pm   Reply with quote

They sound and look really cute. :3 And I'm serious.
Dark Land Supply Store    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

I felt like making something without going out of my way to make it sound somehow ominous/evil/disturbing.
Gemstone Goods    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:

I felt like making something without going out of my way to make it sound somehow ominous/evil/disturbing.

Well, insects can look cute but be insidious little fiends. By the same token, many insects are rather cute (from a distance, as up close many of them are hideous to behold) and do little harm to people.
Dark Land Supply Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations