digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Kukaidore, "The Phantom Mushroom"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:40 pm   Reply with quote

The kukaidore(Koo k-eye door ay) is a half-fungus parasite that, when it first starts out, is able to float and roll upon three air-filled spores that circle it's base like wheels. At this stage, it has a pack mentality, and is always close to atleast two other kukaidore. This trio works together to find a single host, mostly insects resembling beetles or arachnids, and latch onto two key points. One goes for the head to control the brain, and the other two usually latch onto the body to feed before the three slowly begin to fuse, sharing nutrients that are sucked out of the insect.

Once they're finished, they have formed into a single entity, and stage two of it's dark life cycle begins. At this stage, it has become as large as the bug it infested, and will detatch. Instead of floating on spores, it instead forms makeshift feet and hands from them, using the exoskeletal fragments off it's former host as material to form claws. It's cap has hardened, and the spikes have grown, the left and rightmost forming bull-like horns, and it's distinct marks having disappeared. The bottom of the stalk gains a skull-like appearence, mainly in that three growths resembling molars form near the bottom. The distinguishing and most frightening part of this being is that it can split itself apart into various orbs, and even form into a toxic mist temporarily. Their mindset is based solely on spreading their kind across the immediate area, able to take over entire forests if left unchecked. It's speculated that there is a stage beyond this that is rarely ever achieved before they eventually die.

They cannot be destroyed by being sliced apart, mashed, or frozen to death, and immolation runs the risk of carrying toxins into the air(Not to mention they stink horribly while burning). The safest, although toughest bet to getting rid of them is using the scales off a Kainne's wing. The scales hold a property over the spores that make up the kukaidore that dissolves the substance that bonds them together, causing them to fall apart, and temporarily lose the ability to grow and their toxicity, which allows safe burning.

It is possible to tame one, though it's risky if it's pampered too much.
Gemstone Goods    
Carpaccio
Super BLU Spy

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:45 pm   Reply with quote

Wow, I pronounced it correctly in my head.
On topic: Is this for anything special, or is it just something you decided you'd post here? Either way, its cool. Creepy concept, but cool.
Sigil Securities    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm   Reply with quote

Captain Gills wrote:
Wow, I pronounced it correctly in my head.
On topic: Is this for anything special, or is it just something you decided you'd post here? Either way, its cool. Creepy concept, but cool.

I've thought of a universe that this fits into, with several stories taking place in it.
One of these guys is the main villan in a recent one I thought up.
Gemstone Goods    
Carpaccio
Super BLU Spy

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:51 pm   Reply with quote

Any way I can learn more about this?
Sigil Securities    
hai
Spiny

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:01 pm   Reply with quote

Captain Gills wrote:
Any way I can learn more about this?

I've only got the basic plot structure of each story, and some characters down so far, and not much else.
Gemstone Goods    
The goomba named:
ShoySlay

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:05 pm   Reply with quote

Cool, i might sprite it with a credit to you!
ShoySlay's Shack    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations