digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

A Proposition for Role Playing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm   Reply with quote

Fellow Nerrs, I come to you today to propose a proposition. I have heard both sides of the story about role-playing and RPOT. I have created a proposition that might help end this conflict.

A stickied topic would be placed in the Role Play forums and this topic would be called the Friends List. In this friends list, users can list the names of the members who they wish to Role Play with. With the names in the list, the user can mark any topic with an [F]. This [F] means that the topic is only restricted to friends of the topic creator. Now if someone wanted a few people not to be able to post in their threads but would like everyone else to, they could say that they would “friend” everybody except: [insert people’s names here]. If the topic does not have the tag at all, anyone can post in the thread.

This would help stop the random posts inside of other people’s topics, and would help keep the posts clean.

Though I think that there is another rule that many people need to remember. I call this rule, the Ignore Rule. This rule, stickied in the forums, gives users a friendly reminder that when they enter the role play forums, if they see something that they don’t like, then they should just ignore the topic and continue with their own Role Playing with those they choose to Role Play with.

This would help prevent users from leaving the forums just because someone else has a different view of Role Playing.

Now, as we all know, everyone has a different approach to Role Playing. Some may take Role Playing seriously (Role Play) and others might not take it as seriously (Role Play Off Topic). Now that’s what these forums were created for, and appropriate topics should be placed in the appropriate forums.

I believe that if we could get the moderators to enforce this proposition, then I feel that the bonds between Role Players can be once linked again, and those who previously enjoyed Role Playing can Role Play once again, and those who dislike the way the Role Playing is now, can enjoy it also. I encourage all of you to take this proposition into consideration, and if you can, bring back all those who had left because of this issue and have them take a look at this proposition.

If you have any suggestions, they are always welcome.

Last edited by Admiral Bobbery on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Actions
Searchlight was used on this post.
Troopa's Treats    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:53 pm   Reply with quote

I'll be honest I like it, it seems kinda kiddy but it would work.
Some store that sells shit    
BANJO KA-FREAKING-ZOOIE
top minion tails
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 pm   Reply with quote

I'm not that into the "friends" thing. That could form a whole new hate game.
Megatropolis    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

Specter wrote:
Flame wars and having emotionally unstable people lash out, or having one person ignored... hmm.
The Carmadox Party    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 pm   Reply with quote

Nice ideas Jr. This is actually what I am doing with the new site. You can choose what people you want to see, and who you don't want to see across the entire site.

It's not about being hated or being popular, it's just a reality that at the site gets bigger, people have to form up smaller groups or it just gets too noisy and fights break out.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:08 pm   Reply with quote

Frozenwinters wrote:
Specter wrote:
Flame wars and having emotionally unstable people lash out, or having one person ignored... hmm.

We need to make people realize that sometimes, some people will not want others in their role play, and people will just have to accept the fact. Most of the time, the people who will be the most affected are the emotionally unstable people. We can remind people that sometimes, not every one will get a full role play going. One will need to know that it takes a good Role Play to make a good plot and attract people. If you’d like people to join your plot, look at the characters of other people and see how the role play as them. You can private message them if you wish for them to be in your plot. It takes some initiative to get a good plot rolling. Now you are probably wondering, what about the elitism? There are a lot of people right now saying they used to enjoy RPOT or they used to be ignored. Why don’t we all get together and start making up our own plots? Frozenwinters, you can enforce these rules and we all can work together to make sure that nobody gets left behind, everyone feels welcome here and everyone can have a good time.

If you feel that flame wars might break out, why don’t we take this proposition into a test run?

Oh, thanks Francis!
Troopa's Treats    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote

Nice ideas.

Also, that whole 'Weekly Theme' thing Franciso mentioned in the other topic seems like an idea I would participated in as well.
Toad House    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback