digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

There's something messed up in Super Mario Galaxy 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Hug you blob NAO!
Super Tenebrae

HP: 100 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
I like it. We need more Mario 3D platformers and a sequel is very nice.

Omg I cant believe you said that *Jumps off cliff*

I dont mind though. Mario galaxy was a great game anyways. As long as its not an expansion pack Im so getting it.

@Cid the game is far from release. You'll never know the power ups might be more abundant.
Tales of shop    
Bachzesutri
Sesshoumaru

HP: 20 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

Lrrr of Omicron Persei 8 wrote:
Spiny wrote:
Lrrr of Omicron Persei 8 wrote:
QUOTE PYRAMIND BREAK OR TOPIC LOCK.

ANYWAY, I THINK I SORTA SOMEWHAT GET WHAT YOU MEAN. THE GREAT THING ABOUT THE MARIO FRANCHISE IS THAT IT NEVER REALLY PROVIDED TYPICAL SEQUELS SINCE MARIO 64; EACH ONE OFFERED A VERY NEW, DIFFERENT WAY TO PLAY, UP UNTIL SMG2. I FIND THAT DISAPPOINTING.

YES
BECAUSE A DIRECT SEQUEL WITH SEVERAL NEW MECHANICS INVOLVING A BELOVED GREEN DINOSAUR THAT SHITS EGGS IS DEFINITELY A TURNOFF JUST BECAUSE IT'S A DIRECT SEQUEL

I actually agree, because the sequel is just showing off new moves and new enemies and stages. Just look at the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Same gameplay, new control, new suits, multiplayer madness, Toads are playable (shouldn't one be red?), and twisted stages. Suprisingly, NSMBW uses a different engine other from the one used in the DS original.

IF YOU'RE A LONG-TIME FAN OF 3D MARIO GAMES, YOU'LL KNOW THAT MOST OF THE NEW POWER-UPS- INCLUDING OUR FRIEND, YOSHI- WILL BE EXCLUSIVE TO A HANDFUL OF LEVELS; SOME WILL BE USED ONLY ONCE.

WHILE WE GET, SAY, 5 NEW POWER-UPS, IF THAT TRANSLATES TO ONLY AROUND 5-7 LEVELS WHERE THEY'RE USED (OUT OF THE 15 TO 20 LEVELS THAT WE'LL BE GETTING), THE NEWS REALLY ISN'T THAT EXCITING AT ALL. THE THING IS, YOU'RE RIGHT IN DESCRIBING IT AS A DIRECT SEQUEL, BUT IT WON'T HAVE SEVERAL NEW MECHANICS. IT IS INEVITABLE THAT THE NEW MECHANICS WILL NOT BE USED AS MUCH AS THEY COULD HAVE BEEN (AS WITH SOME OF THE POWER-UPS IN THE ORIGINAL SMG), AND WE'LL BE GETTING A GAME THAT FEELS A LITTLE TOO FAMILIAR TO MARIO'S PREVIOUS ADVENTURE.

SM64 CREATED A STANDARD FOR 3D PLATFORMERS TO TRY TO SURPASS, SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE OFFERED A NEW WAY TO PLAY WITH THE FLUDD, AND SUPER MARIO GALAXY INTRODUCED US TO AMAZING NEW LEVEL DESIGN AND A SMOOTH GAMEPLAY FEEL. MAYBE I'M ELITIST OR MAYBE I'M BEING A PESSIMIST, BUT REGARDLESS OF WHAT I AM, HOPEFULLY YOU'RE ABLE TO SEE WHY I'M NOT IMPRESSED OR NOT HYPING IT. IN ALL HONESTY, I'D RATHER NINTENDO WAIT UNTIL THEIR NEXT CONSOLE TO RELEASE ANOTHER AMAZING, NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN MARIO TITLE, AND IN THE TIME BETWEEN HERE AND THEN REVEAL A BRAND-NEW INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, INSTEAD OF MILKING A PRE-EXISTING CONCEPT.

THEN AGAIN, THIS IS NINTENDO. GUESS I SHOULDN'T BE SETTING MY EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH TO BEGIN WITH.

Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 pm   Reply with quote

At its most minimal and basic level, people can consider this a large expansion for Super Mario Galaxy 1.

But even if that were the case, I would buy it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews