digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Chief Sits On Ass
Rocky.

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:35 pm   Reply with quote

Aura D. Sear wrote:
Rocky. wrote:
Go Playstation, Nintendo used to be good but now all they do is make another multi-player party game for the Wii. PS3 now caters for the gamers. Xbox 360, is better than Wii, but still meh. Dosen't offer as much as my good ol' PS3 offers. And yes I own a Wii. When will they make Paper Mario 4?

NSMB Wii isn't a party game.

It's a platformer.

Yes, but Nintendo is just whoring themself out with this Wii. I don't think there's one person who is going to be excited for a port of Nintendo DS game for the Wii, especially one that borrows levels from the classics. When will Nintendo go back to their roots and give this stuff people actually want.
Luigi's Mansion 2
Super Mario Bros. 4 (A 2-D platformer with NEW levels!)
Super Paper Mario 4
Donkey Kong Wii (Like N64 but with new levels bring back Lanky, Chunky, and Tiny Kong)
Stuff like that. Sure, a revision of SMG is pretty cool, and this thing they have here isn't god awful, but it's not what the true Nintendo fans really want. Once Nintendo goes back to their roots and caring more about the customers, than making money off unintelligent casual gamers, my Wii is going to be collecting more dust and all my money goes to Sony. I'm sorry.

LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:13 am   Reply with quote

Rocky. wrote:
I don't think there's one person who is going to be excited for a port of Nintendo DS game for the Wii, especially one that borrows levels from the classics.

It's not a port. It's a SEQUEL. With NEW FEATURES, like MULTIPLAYER and YOSHIS.

Lurk moar.
Rocky. wrote:
Super Paper Mario 4

When were Super Paper Mario 2 and 3 released? I must've missed them.
Rocky. wrote:
Sure, a revision of SMG is pretty cool

About 10% of SMG2 is recycled. The rest is made for the game.

SMG2 isn't a revision, it's also a sequel.
Paradeem 8    
Chief Sits On Ass
Rocky.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:39 pm   Reply with quote

Crappy Blue Luigi wrote:
Rocky. wrote:
I don't think there's one person who is going to be excited for a port of Nintendo DS game for the Wii, especially one that borrows levels from the classics.

It's not a port. It's a SEQUEL. With NEW FEATURES, like MULTIPLAYER and YOSHIS.

Lurk moar.
Rocky. wrote:
Super Paper Mario 4

When were Super Paper Mario 2 and 3 released? I must've missed them.
Rocky. wrote:
Sure, a revision of SMG is pretty cool

About 10% of SMG2 is recycled. The rest is made for the game.

SMG2 isn't a revision, it's also a sequel.

Yes, I understand there both sequels, but it's just about as much a sequel Super Mario Bros 1 and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels would of been. It dosen't feel like a sequel. Like for example, look at Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl. They certainly are way different with just the same core idea and they deserve the title of sequels.

Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 pm   Reply with quote

90 new levels, new bosses, gameplay elements, obstacles, etc. isn't a sequel?
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:50 pm   Reply with quote

So God of War 2 is just an expansion of God of War 1?

I mean, it has new levels and some new elements, but...
Tamriellic Titles    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

Rocky. wrote:
but it's just about as much a sequel Super Mario Bros 1 and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels would of been.

Lost Levels WAS SMB1's sequel. In Japan, on the Famicom. Where it was known as Super Mario Bros. 2. It later got remade for Super Mario All-Stars, and since Nintendo of America already had an SMB2 (which was released in Japan as Super Mario USA), they gave it the title, "The Lost Levels", as if it was an expansion.

And SMB1 and SMB2J ran on the same engine, while I'm pretty sure NSMB and NSMB Wii will not run on the same engine, since they're on completely different systems, while SMB1/2 were both made for the same system.
Paradeem 8    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews