digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Toasters' sprites/pixelart/shit like that

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:58 pm   Reply with quote

(thanks Tails Doll)
I made this using one of the chests from RMVX's RTP as a reference. I changed the design around a lot, and I think it turned out pretty good, especially with the glare on the metal.

No, I'm not going to use him for anything, but making him was good practice and good fun. I don't like the hair, but otherwise it turned out alright IMHO. I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of this. If anybody could animate this, I'd be eternally grateful (thought as I do not actually know how to make a walking sprite, it'll probably look pretty awkward.
Also, which looks better: black outline (top) or colored outline (bottom)? I'm leaning more towards colored, but black would make it stand out more.

It's a wood wall tile for RMVX. I kinda like how the stone turned out, but I couldn't get the wood to look right. It isn't very detailed, but it looks better that way.

I obviously put a lot more effort into this guy than the guy with the armour (who I won't post here because I hate him), and it shows. I'm still just ripping off experimenting with a bunch of different styles.

Some generic animu style. The shape of the face is actually somewhat correct. Shading hair is a bitch but I think I made it look alright. ФֻФ

Last edited by Paper_Waluigi on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
asdf    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 pm   Reply with quote

Bump
This is still here you know. ФֻФ
asdf    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm   Reply with quote

The shadin' on the wood looks excellent. It gives it the texture of it and not just generic pillow-shading.
Shop of Stev-0    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:09 pm   Reply with quote

The shading on that guy up there could use a bit more contrast, and his face looks kinda odd without any facial features, aside from eyes, but otherwise pretty good.
Paradeem 8    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

Necrobump with an update.

Blurb in the first post. ФֻФ
EDIT:
ФֻФ
asdf    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations