digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Data Transfer Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 pm   Reply with quote

I'm getting a new computer, and I want to transfer all the awesome VGOSTs I got on my new one, because some are very rare, especially the Mad Jack Battle I got from someone on a forum.

So, my question was, can I hook up both PCs via a USB wire and transfer the Data from my Laptop to my new PC? They will both be running on WinXP.

If I can't do that, can I safely transfer them SD Card to new PC without the data being corrupted? The laptop I am using does not have a Disk Drive.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 am   Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2B6F1631-973A-45C7-A4EC-4928FA173266&displaylang=en

Windows Easy Transfer.

Let's you transfer over a network, or using a special cable.

Works great.
Console Merchandise    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:01 am   Reply with quote

I don't know what a VGOST is, but you should be able to transfer any files to a thumb drive or SD card.

Of course you should check to see that everything looks fine on the new computer before you delete anything off the old one.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
I don't know what a VGOST is,
Video Game Original Soundtracks. It's actually called VGM, but whatever.

Anywho, Flash drives/SD cards are an OK alternative, of course some brands are pricy, so you may want to look into that. Then after that you can keep it to back up important files and such, bahdunno.
Hammerspace    
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm   Reply with quote

k thx, I'll try some of those.

And I still like calling them VGOSTs.
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support