digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Xbox 360 vs PlayStation 3 - 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming

Who will win this holiday season?
Xbox 360
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
PlayStation 3
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 28

Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Shadoo™ wrote:
ps3 has no gaems

Games shown on the back of the box (probably matters more than you think):
360: Forza, Halo, Beatles Rock Band, and Netflix
PS3: inFAMOUS, Madden NFL 10, Tekken 6, MAG, and Uncharted 2
Forza?
Madden NFL 10?
They really could have picked better games to put on the back. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:20 pm   Reply with quote

Insane Cop wrote:
Francis wrote:
Shadoo™ wrote:
ps3 has no gaems

Games shown on the back of the box (probably matters more than you think):
360: Forza, Halo, Beatles Rock Band, and Netflix
PS3: inFAMOUS, Madden NFL 10, Tekken 6, MAG, and Uncharted 2
Forza?
Madden NFL 10?
They really could have picked better games to put on the back. ಠﮯ๏

At least they picked games that actually came out for that system, unlike the Gamecube.

I remember our box had a picture of Kameo: Elements of Power.
Tamriellic Titles    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 pm   Reply with quote

TooManyToasters wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:
I voted for the 360. The PS3 is overwhelmingly better, but the 360 will probably sell more. Just look at all the faggy, 10=year-old Xbox fanboys who don't realize that the PS3 even exists.

_██_
(ಠ_ృ)
Wow.
it's true. At my camp, litterally EVERYONE under the age of 13 was RAVING about how cool the 360 is, and when I said, "The 360's not even close to worth it. A PS3's way better," NONE of them knew what the hell a PS3 is.
Milton Games    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:33 pm   Reply with quote

Sony will probably do better because of the price drop along with the free online and network connection choice, but I dunno those dirty jews at Microsoft will think of something...
Some store that sells shit    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:34 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
Francis wrote:
Right now the PS3 is the better deal and BluRay will finally pay off for Sony.

I don't think BluRay will ever pay off for Sony. Ever.

They're selling something that costs at least $600 to make and putting it in a gaming console that sells for half as much. that's not even counting the other features they stick in, like the gaming console part.

Unless of course Sony found some magic formula that makes BluRay players very cheap to make.
Actually, most of the production costs for a PS3 weren't the BluRay player. It was actually something else that they swapped out in later models. Production costs at my guess, are at most 250 dollars/unit. Sony may have idiots, but they're not THAT stupid.
The Town of Lix    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
I voted for the 360. The PS3 is overwhelmingly better, but the 360 will probably sell more. Just look at all the faggy, 10=year-old Xbox fanboys who don't realize that the PS3 even exists.

no, just no.

one of the reason ps3 didn't sell was because of the price. now that its really low, there will be more sales.

and plus with the new PS3 Lite, its going to get even more sales. does the 360 have a Lite version? i didn't think so.
Baby Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:52 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:

no, just no.

one of the reason ps3 didn't sell was because of the price. now that its really low, there will be more sales.

and plus with the new PS3 Lite, its going to get even more sales. does the 360 have a Lite version? i didn't think so.
Look, I agree that the PS3 deserves to win, but I think the 360 is so overrated that it will still come out on top. I may be wrong, but this is what I think will happen.
Milton Games    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:12 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
Look, I agree that the PS3 deserves to win, but I think the 360 is so overrated that it will still come out on top. I may be wrong, but this is what I think will happen.

360 is hardcore.

you wanna know whats overrated? the Wii. just because its N1N10DOH OLOLOLO
Baby Shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 pm   Reply with quote

Everyone thinks the Wii is the worst shit ever. Plus, it's the worst shit ever.
Milton Games    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:49 pm   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
Everyone thinks the Wii is the worst shit ever. Plus, it's the worst shit ever.

casual people. that is all.
Baby Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:

no, just no.

Apparently MS would rather put all it's 360 development resources into Natal rather than try to make the console smaller. IMO it's a sound decision.

I think the smaller versions of consoles are pretty stupid anyway, the only exceptions being the DSLite and PSone. That won't stop me from getting a PS3 Slim in the future though because my brother is liable to take his with him when he moves out.
Tamriellic Titles    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:40 am   Reply with quote

In the war between the 360 and PS3, I'd say that the 360 will win because most people I've talked to don't own a PS3 because of the price tag. However, now that the PS3 is cheaper, there will probably be a skyrocket in purchases.

It can go either way now.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:15 am   Reply with quote

The 360 is only worth getting if you really, really, really want to play its few exclusives or if you don't have a good PC (And remember, kids, a custom PC that can play modern games doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars; you can construct one with a price range of 300 to 500 dollars). That's essentially why I play my PS3 far more often and haven't touched my 360 in months; most of the big stuff on the 360 is also available on the PC (And is alot better on the PC).

Due to the PS3's price drop and the number of very good games coming out for it in the near future, I think the PS3 is going to win; and if people were to somehow realize what I posted in my previous paragraph, the victory would be sealed.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:53 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

Apparently MS would rather put all it's 360 development resources into Natal rather than try to make the console smaller. IMO it's a sound decision.
I think the smaller versions of consoles are pretty stupid anyway

I want a 360-Slim, but not because it would be smaller, but because hopefully they would take the chance to remove the loud fans, stop the red-ring-of-death, and add wifi.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:56 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

I think the smaller versions of consoles are pretty stupid anyway

I want a 360-Slim, but not because it would be smaller, but because hopefully they would take the chance to remove the loud fans, stop the red-ring-of-death, and add wifi.

I still don't see why people think the 360 is loud. It only hampers the game when if you have the volume set to minimum.

Besides, you can install the game to your HDD and the noise goes away.
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming