digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Great Anime Debate

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:29 am   Reply with quote

I've found someone that said that anime sucks. I have news for them and that news is that I'm willing to debate on this topic and defend my pro-anime beliefs. Let any that think that anime sucks voice their complaints. I'll take those complaints and either dispute them or explain why anime is that way.
Shop #42    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:49 am   Reply with quote

...I HATE anime!!!
Bowser'z!    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:51 am   Reply with quote

Anime is awesome-sauce. Except Nickolodeon's Kappa Mikey. WORST. ANIME. EVER!
NON BANNER    
Smithy
Super Jetfire
Burning

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:16 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Bob wrote:
Anime is awesome-sauce. Except Nickolodeon's Kappa Mikey. WORST. ANIME. EVER!

Kappa Mickey isn't really an anime. It uses anime art styles.

I love anime. I go to conventions, club etc.

Especally my favorite.

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 pm   Reply with quote

everyone has different opinions. some people don't like japanese stuffs.
Baby Shop    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:39 pm   Reply with quote

I think hating all anime is silly. Sure, some of it is pretty bad, but saying you hate it all without giving it a chance is dumb.
Anime fans who say they hate all American cartoons/comics are silly too. Why can't people just like both? :(

Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

Maybe putting this topic in the anime forum wasn't such a good idea. It's not like many anime haters would come here... except for the ones who happen to be sci-fi fans...

I have heard about why the voices in Japanese anime tends to suck though. Apparently, they hire voice actors similarly to how the American live-action industry hires actors. They try to get the famous ones. When they get a famous one to voice one of the characters, they'll announce it much the same way that the previews for a live-action movie would announce the famous actors in it.
Shop #42    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm   Reply with quote

Some anime does suck. I don't see why you are debating over what someone dislikes because frankly it's just stupid. If someone doesn't like anime that doesn't make them wrong, that just means they have different tastes than you. So stop being an idiot see?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:59 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Some anime does suck. I don't see why you are debating over what someone dislikes because frankly it's just stupid. If someone doesn't like anime that doesn't make them wrong, that just means they have different tastes than you. So stop being an idiot see?
I only wish to argue against the idea that some people have that all anime sucks. It's a silly idea to me. When I hear someone say that anime sucks, I mentally compare it to someone saying that video games suck or that movies suck or that radio or TV sucks.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Media