digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Ending. *possible spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
I am just an average
Joe

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 pm   Reply with quote

Well, this is either a "I want a sequel" or "I don't want a sequel". I pick the second. Do not get me wrong, I wouldn't mind another game in the same format, but not continuing off this storyline. I do not mind them leaving it open-ended, for that leaves room for me to decide what happens to them.

Now, about the sequel. Bad-guys would be somewhat the same. The one thing I love the most is that in every Paper Mario, there is a unique main enemy.

And what about Tippi? You don't have that lovable pixl anymore (of course you can buy the 999 coin one from Francis) but it's just not the same.

Pixls and all the weird looking fellas should stay in this one.

They should make a WHOLE new game, just use the same format.

Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:52 am   Reply with quote

vbzobs wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Yes, I want to find out what happens to Timpani and Blumiere.

They get married, have 7 kids, then Blumiere is caught cheating on Timpani with Nastasia so they get a divorce, Blumiere dumps the kids with Timpani, Timpani goes to live with Mario, Peach finds out so Timpani gets kicked out, Timpani goes and lives with Howzit, everything is all goooooooood!

Everything is goooooooooooood with Howzit.

Personally I don't think there should be a direct sequel. I like the open-endedness of the ending. However, I DO think there should have been a sidequest at the very end of the game where you hook O'Chunks and Nastasia up on a date. Y'know... go to a business meeting and have some haggis. XD
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 am   Reply with quote

Jolene wrote:
vbzobs wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:

They get married, have 7 kids, then Blumiere is caught cheating on Timpani with Nastasia so they get a divorce, Blumiere dumps the kids with Timpani, Timpani goes to live with Mario, Peach finds out so Timpani gets kicked out, Timpani goes and lives with Howzit, everything is all goooooooood!

Personally I don't think there should be a direct sequel. I like the open-endedness of the ending. However, I DO think there should have been a sidequest at the very end of the game where you hook O'Chunks and Nastasia up on a date. Y'know... go to a business meeting and have some haggis. XD

WIN.

Or have some sort of spinoff on the DS... now wouldn't that be interesting? XD
Buzzy Mart    
IS NAO GONE
luigifan360

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 am   Reply with quote

Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Jolene wrote:
vbzobs wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:

WIN.

Yes, it would! XDDDDD
luigifan360's LUIGIFAN ST00F!    
Searching For Tippi
mikeytrend

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:42 am   Reply with quote

mariofan360 wrote:
Parabuzzy Queen wrote:
Jolene wrote:
vbzobs wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:

WIN.

Yes, it would! XDDDDD

That's the thing. All this open ended-ness isn't just open.
It's suggestive. Like leaving the enemies in flip and flop side.
Guh nintendo! Reveal your secrets!
What's the code to start swoon.exe with Natasia and O'Chunks?!
Tippington's    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:52 am   Reply with quote

Maybe they'll do a spin-off story, telling of Luigi's Adventures in the Waffle Kingdom, and his mission to rescue Princess Eclair, and like Thousand Year Door was to Mario, Luigi's Central Point would be Rogueport.

Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:09 am   Reply with quote

Well, if you would ecpect another Paper Mario plateformer, a sequel would be welcome.

But Mario NEVER had ANY direct sequel. Why? Because that the player may or may not have played the prequel, and the storyline is very important to a Mario RPG (Not as important as gameplay, though).

But it is sure that Nintendo can use that suspense for a sequel, should it be a "real" game or a spin-off (I hope to see this, myself).
Wario Land Shop!    
I AM TAYL
Mona

HP: 85 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

I'd love a sequel, but SPM was so freaking pwnsome, I dunno how they'll be able to make it even better. XD
Cashplx Land!    
Searching For Tippi
mikeytrend

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:53 pm   Reply with quote

Kitayl wrote:
I'd love a sequel, but SPM was so freaking pwnsome, I dunno how they'll be able to make it even better. XD

Well it's easy when all they'd have to do in the sequel is wrap up loose ends.
Tippington's    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario