digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Glitch? quicksand walker
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:12 am   Reply with quote

Nate Pyrokai wrote:
Fireice wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
but quick sand isn't like water. it's thicker. small objects don't sink in quicksand.

yes, it is true that it is thicker and that small objects are lighter but, they do eventually start to sink.
with this, you can stand there for a year and not even sink a bit.

You do realize the quicksand doesn't really exist in the capacity it does in video games and movies.... right?

And to say that's a glitch is pretty foolish because if I know anything about programming it would take more code to tell the game not to sink when using Dottie.

actually it takes the game coding to sink
when using dottie, there is no doding so it acts like solid ground
Junk shop    
The Troll has Arrived
Super Nate Pyrokai

HP: 65 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:16 am   Reply with quote

Fireice wrote:
Nate Pyrokai wrote:
Fireice wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:
but quick sand isn't like water. it's thicker. small objects don't sink in quicksand.

yes, it is true that it is thicker and that small objects are lighter but, they do eventually start to sink.

You do realize the quicksand doesn't really exist in the capacity it does in video games and movies.... right?

And to say that's a glitch is pretty foolish because if I know anything about programming it would take more code to tell the game not to sink when using Dottie.

...whuh?

The way I imagine the coding working is that the quicksand is coded to absorb the character, with certain gravity effects and all that jazz. However when you're in Dottie-Form it tells the games "if Mario (or whoever) is like this, override sinking"

I'm not saying the coding isn't in the quicksand, I'm saying the Dottie coding overrides the quicksand coding when it's in effect.
Nate's Knick-Knacks    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:28 am   Reply with quote

Nate Pyrokai wrote:
Fireice wrote:
Nate Pyrokai wrote:
Fireice wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

...whuh?

The way I imagine the coding working is that the quicksand is coded to absorb the character, with certain gravity effects and all that jazz. However when you're in Dottie-Form it tells the games "if Mario (or whoever) is like this, override sinking"

I'm not saying the coding isn't in the quicksand, I'm saying the Dottie coding overrides the quicksand coding when it's in effect.

the coding fo being small is diferent than bing normal becuase there is a ton of difrencis. one thing that they did forget to add to dottie was sinking in qs.
Junk shop    
The Troll has Arrived
Super Nate Pyrokai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:38 am   Reply with quote

Ok no more crazy quoting...

No, the coding for the quicksand is in the quicksand. It has certain gravity effects that tamper with the way Mario moves.

And even if the coding is in Mario there has to be a code in the quicksand that tells the code within Mario to activate. When you're in Dottie form all it does is it says "Don't do that code."

Dottie form Mario isn't a completely different sprite, it's just the Mario sprite with extra code to do extra things like Run on Water, not be recognized by enemies and stand on quicksand.
Nate's Knick-Knacks    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:42 am   Reply with quote

yes BUT
the coding in mario is an activation code.
there is no non activation code, as that would be the same as no activation code
so when being small, the lack of the activation code cuases this non sinking to happen.
Junk shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:49 am   Reply with quote

I think it's in on purpose.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:09 am   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
I think it's in on purpose.

but even then, it is illogical.
yes to some point illogic is good, but...
still
Junk shop    
The Troll has Arrived
Super Nate Pyrokai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:25 am   Reply with quote

Fireice wrote:
yes BUT
the coding in mario is an activation code.
there is no non activation code, as that would be the same as no activation code
so when being small, the lack of the activation code cuases this non sinking to happen.

What in the hell are you talking about?!

Oh I give up... you're just arguing because you don't want to be wrong at this point.
Nate's Knick-Knacks    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:07 am   Reply with quote

nvm.
i considr it a glitch and you don't
it was just somthig strange i found that i thought was weird.
Junk shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario