digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Changing your Username

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:35 pm   Reply with quote

Due to the barrage of username change requests, I finally created a name changing item. In the Curiosity Shop you can now buy a Name-Tag. Use it on yourself and put your desired name in the message. That's all there is to it, you now have a fresh new username.

All of your previous names will appear in your profile so that there is less confusion when no one knows who you are anymore.

I suggest you be really careful about changing your name. You may lose any good reputation you had earned with your old name.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:42 pm   Reply with quote

People are changing their names like every day, so to avoid mass confusion, you now must wait 30 days before you can use a Name-Tag again.

I also added a "Title" to your profile, which will display above your username. This should be a good alternative to changing your username.
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:23 pm   Reply with quote

I have decided to change the Name-Tag item.

Changing your name causes a lot of problems and doesn't fit into future plans that I have for new features. Everyone here either uses the name-tag really often, or doesn't use it at all. So I think a good compromise is to have an item that changes your name temporarily. It will be displayed on posts for a limited time, and then goes back to normal after the time expires. I was thinking like 3 hours, or maybe even multiple items that do different time lengths. I still have the ability to really change your username, if it is absolutely necessary.

Most everyone agrees, so you have until next Saturday, Sept. 1st, to change your username one last time. Then you are stuck with it for good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements