digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

[Review] Mario Party 8 (Wii)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 am   Reply with quote

This is my first review, so bear with me.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ok, where to start...?
Let's start at the beginning. After you create your save file, you promptly greeted with a yelling... thing named MC Ballyhoo, and his little talking hat, Big Top. The duo introduce themselves and tell you about the star carnival. There are 5 areas that you can go to: The Party Tent, which is standard Mario Partying, the Super Star Battle, which is basically 1 player mode. The Minigame tent, which should be self explanatory, the Extra Games, where you can use an MP8 character or a Mii to play some different games, and the Fun Bazaar, where you trade in Carnival cards for various things.
Now for the different areas.
Party Tent: Here, up to four players can party, or I think 8 can be on a team of four Wiimotes. Or, you can duel, which is pretty much a multiplayer version of first player. You can use any character from MP7, and Blooper and Hammer Bro. if you unlocked them in first player. That's all there is here.
Superstar challenge: This is the first player mode. You go through the 6 different boards, the first 5 are the regular characters, and then the 6th is Bowser's board where you have to beat all his evil slave, as he says. This is where you can get Blooper and Hammer Bro. It is a tad short if you're really good, except for the last board.
Minigame tent: This is where you can play the various minigames you've either gotten through partying, or bought from the fun bazaar. There are 5 different modes: spontaneous play, crown challenge, where you have to win 3, 5, or 7 games to win, flip out frenzy, where you flip tiles by winning minigames, and two more. I don't remember their names though, and the 5th is locked.
Extras Zone: This is where you can play different games as an MP8 character or a Mii. There are 8 games in all, but I'm short for time, so I can't go in-depth.
Fun Bazaar: This is the last place marked. This is where you exchange carnival cards for prizes, such as minigames, extra zone minigames, figures etc. you do have to choose a character before going in, however.
Now for the grades. I'm not grading with numbers, but instead with letter grades:
Gameplay: A
Graphics: A
Characters: A+
First Player: B+
Multiplayer: A
Overall: A
Suggestions for future games: I would suggest a board maker. I would LOVE to make my own board with tricks, traps etc.
That's it. That's my review. My first ever one, too. Please comment.
NON BANNER    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 pm   Reply with quote

All you did was state facts about things in the game, I mean it's not really a review at all. Not to mention Mario Party isn't that good and I can't really counter point your opinion on that though since there is no opinion.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:36 pm   Reply with quote

You didn't go too far into the actual Gameplay, Graphics, etc. Basically, you just stated the menu options, the characters, and then gave the game some grades.
Ultimario Mart!    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:06 am   Reply with quote

I told you, it was my first review. Also, I was kind of pressured for time. I'll make the changes I need to later in the day... If I remember.
NON BANNER    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews