digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

First Page of Super Smash Bros. Comic!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 pm   Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it SUCKS, but the speech bubbles aren't that good the sword DOES breach into the other panel and the blood does look odd.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:40 pm   Reply with quote

Like I said, you want proof just post it here in the fan comics section.

http://forums.bobandgeorge.com/
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:47 pm   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
First an unbiased review.
1-7 stuff about looks

I have seen some really ugly comics in my day, but as long as the comic gets the point or joke across, I don't think it matters what it looks like. I think Larry's comic has its own look to it. Not everyone can draw well (hence the use of sprites), so I think a comic should be based on its content, and not so much if it fits a certain art style correctly.

So with that said, I like that the comic is easy to tell who is who and what they are saying. What I dont like is the story progression. Link seems to appear in a few panels for no reason. For example, Link says AHOY! and then mario says "OMG ITS POPPLE", which makes you think that Mario thinks that Link IS Popple. The killing of Popple is kinda funny, and I like the Popple Head item dialog. The SouthPark references was well done too.

Please proofread your dialogs. The awkward grammar in the first panel is confusing and has the reader assuming that this will be a bad comic.

I give this comic a 4/10. Good first try, but you should spend more time on the next one.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:52 pm   Reply with quote

Meh, like I said you want expert reviews go to BnG. They'll say the same thing I did.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:05 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Popple wrote:
First an unbiased review.
1-7 stuff about looks

I have seen some really ugly comics in my day, but as long as the comic gets the point or joke across, I don't think it matters what it looks like. I think Larry's comic has its own look to it. Not everyone can draw well (hence the use of sprites), so I think a comic should be based on its content, and not so much if it fits a certain art style correctly.

So with that said, I like that the comic is easy to tell who is who and what they are saying. What I dont like is the story progression. Link seems to appear in a few panels for no reason. For example, Link says AHOY! and then mario says "OMG ITS POPPLE", which makes you think that Mario thinks that Link IS Popple. The killing of Popple is kinda funny, and I like the Popple Head item dialog. The SouthPark references was well done too.

Please proofread your dialogs. The awkward grammar in the first panel is confusing and has the reader assuming that this will be a bad comic.

I give this comic a 4/10. Good first try, but you should spend more time on the next one.

Thank you Francis. i will make the bubbles better. I hardly work on art, i just drew it and walla! i will have better backgrounds though. and the Link saying "AHOY!" and the "OMG ITS POPPLE" part meant this:
Link says, ahoy! then mario says OMG ITS POPPLE! cuz he sees him standing there, but ganondorf thought he said that it was Link. other then that thanks francis
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:06 am   Reply with quote

Too scared to post it on BnG I see...
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:09 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Too scared to post it on BnG I see...

wtf is BnG? oh and was the considered a come back?
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:10 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
Like I said, you want proof just post it here in the fan comics section.

http://forums.bobandgeorge.com/

QFT

And no it was the not considered a comeback.

Good English by the way.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:12 am   Reply with quote

wtf? i dont wanta make a stupid Forum account, that i will never use. if it was free uploading, i would do it
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:13 am   Reply with quote

You are just scared XD
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Larry Koopa
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:14 am   Reply with quote

Popple wrote:
You are just scared XD

no, its 11:30, and i hate creating stupid accounts i will never use. got a problem with that stocker?
Koop    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:15 am   Reply with quote

Ya. You are scared they will say your comic sucks XD
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations