digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Princess Rosalina

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm   Reply with quote

I was just wondering why she's a princess. She doesn't rule over any "kingdom" and they never mention her being part of a royal family. Does anyone know why she's a princess?
Nastasia's Shop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, if anything, it should be Mama Rosalina. (inb4mamaluigijoke)

Then again, she wears a crown (and always has), and wears a princess-y dress, so...

Maybe she was the future princess of whatever kingdom she lived in before she left on the comet? (lawlspoilers)
Pipe Land Goods    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

I believe she said she was the ruler of the cosmos. I guess instead of calling her ruler Rosalina, they decided to call her a princess.

Just a thought.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
How deliciously sexual
Emil
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:53 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:

Then again, she wears a crown (and always has), and wears a princess-y dress, so...

Maybe she was the future princess of whatever kingdom she lived in before she left on the comet? (lawlspoilers)

Well, I think that Rosalina may be related to Peach somehow. In the final chapter of the book, it says that the comet observatory passes by her home planet once every 100 years, and it just so happens to fly by the Mushroom Kingdom once every 100 years.
Green Para-Koopa's Shop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:29 pm   Reply with quote

Green Para-Koopa wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:

Well, I think that Rosalina may be related to Peach somehow. In the final chapter of the book, it says that the comet observatory passes by her home planet once every 100 years, and it just so happens to fly by the Mushroom Kingdom once every 100 years.

It says that at the very beginning of the GAME... >_>

And naw, I don't think so.
Pipe Land Goods    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:08 pm   Reply with quote

Well, I read the wiki page about SMG, and it says that Rosalina was supposed to be related to Peach, but they decided not to do that for some reason. And yeah, I agree with Yellow, she should be called Mama Luigi Rosalina, since all the Lumas call her Mama.
Nastasia's Shop    
squirps
Super Saturos
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:11 pm   Reply with quote

Is'nt she the princess of the lumas?
Golden Mart    
He's that guy.
Merlink

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:03 pm   Reply with quote

Green Para-Koopa wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:

The gateway is her home planet. "I look forward to visiting this planet every 100 years", as she said on the flying mario level.
Merland    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Mario Galaxy