digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Plothole Filler - Ask me Anything
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Star Carnival
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:01 pm   Reply with quote

I am going to continue trying with seemingly more difficult questions!

Why does the Mario Gang use such inferior technology. For example, the primary form of communication for long-distance is the postal service, but in the Thousand-Year Door, we see that Mario has gotten a portable e-mail device. Also featured in Mario's World is an airplane, a blimp, a train, and Wario actually had a car in Mario Kart. Why is most of the Mushroom World so under-developed when technology has advanced to a level far beyond Earth's realm of understanding.

((The final sentence, of course, refers to the teleportation device used by the X-Nauts))
Temple of I    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:02 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:
Maya Fey: The bosses don't have any Life-Shrooms. And before you ask, Bowser keeps getting brought back to life by his Magikoopas. Most likely Kamek.

If that is the case, why doesn`t bowser just have magikoopas resurrect the bosses?

It takes a lot of magical power to resurrect one person, let alone all those bosses. Also, some of them just weren't worth the magic, like the Painting-World Bosses from SM64/DS. Their existance depended solely on the painting itself, so there was no point in wasting magic on the resurrection of Goomboss or Big Bob-omb. With the bosses from SMS, almost all of the enemies fought were made of paint, so wasting magic on paint-creatures was also pointless.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
I am going to continue trying with seemingly more difficult questions!

Why does the Mario Gang use such inferior technology. For example, the primary form of communication for long-distance is the postal service, but in the Thousand-Year Door, we see that Mario has gotten a portable e-mail device. Also featured in Mario's World is an airplane, a blimp, a train, and Wario actually had a car in Mario Kart. Why is most of the Mushroom World so under-developed when technology has advanced to a level far beyond Earth's realm of understanding.

((The final sentence, of course, refers to the teleportation device used by the X-Nauts))

Before I say anything, the technology invented by the X-Nauts is alien.

Anyway, the Mushroom Kingdom prefers letters because they are more personal then e-mail. By the way, WE still send letter in spite of the existence of e-mail. Meanwhile, Rougeport has been around for over fifteen hundred years. Their technology is bound to be a little more advanced than most places... But because of the troubles in between and underneath the towns and other inhabitated places, they use e-mail to communicate with their friends or family quicker. But with the cars, well, I'd say that the Mushroom Kingdom, and many other places at that, know the effects of the use of gas-powered engines and so will not use them. Besides, they have magic! Why burn a couple gallons of oil when you could just teleport or Warp-Pipe to your destination? Even when walking, you get far more distance! Just look at Mario in any game he's been in! The people of his world - even the fat - are physically fit to a certain point.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 pm   Reply with quote

Alright, that does it, I'm addicted to knowledge.

How are enemies unable to harm themselves and their allies, but are able to harm Mario and company? For example, why can a Pokey survive if a Panser hits Toad with a fireball above his head, and the fireball continues on and passes through the Pokey? I'm speaking in a situation where the fireball comes down upon the poor mushroomer straight over his head (at a 90 degree angle). The same applies for Troopas and Goombas waddling into each other, when said waddle would knock out Mario.

Koopa Strikers are the counterexample to most answers, as their shells can harm allied units (which is strange, to say the least). Why are they exempt?
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:

How are enemies unable to harm themselves and their allies, but are able to harm Mario and company? For example, why can a Pokey survive if a Panser hits Toad with a fireball above his head, and the fireball continues on and passes through the Pokey? I'm speaking in a situation where the fireball comes down upon the poor mushroomer straight over his head (at a 90 degree angle). The same applies for Troopas and Goombas waddling into each other, when said waddle would knock out Mario.

Koopa Strikers are the counterexample to most answers, as their shells can harm allied units (which is strange, to say the least). Why are they exempt?

Bowser Jr. could end up shooting Koopa Troopas and Magikoopas in his boss fight.
Gemstone Goods    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 pm   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
Mister I wrote:

Bowser Jr. could end up shooting Koopa Troopas and Magikoopas in his boss fight.

Still doesn't explain how Hammer Bros can toss their hammers straight through each other.
Temple of I    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:31 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:

They've been enchanted so that their own attacks won't hurt their fellow foes. However, when the shell touches the hero, it loses the spell. Same with hammers, in the cases when Mario and Luigi picked up Hammer Bro. hammers (see SMRPG and M&L-PiT). Thus, when the hero uses a shell or hammer, it deals damage.

Note: Hero is the playable character. Examples are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser*, Geno, and Mallow.

*Bowser is only a hero or hero-like person in cases such as SMRPG and SPM.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Mister I
Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:35 pm   Reply with quote

However, this specifically causes the example I put above (Toad getting hit by Panser's fireball, then it hitting Pokey and dealing no damage) to be false, when it is, in fact, true. The theory is plausable for certain army members, such as Koopa Troopas and Hammer Bros, but it doesn't explain my example, as well as Banzai Bill being able to slice through Mario and then spare an oncoming Rex.
Temple of I    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
However, this specifically causes the example I put above (Toad getting hit by Panser's fireball, then it hitting Pokey and dealing no damage) to be false, when it is, in fact, true. The theory is plausable for certain army members, such as Koopa Troopas and Hammer Bros, but it doesn't explain my example, as well as Banzai Bill being able to slice through Mario and then spare an oncoming Rex.

Hmm...

Well, I don't know. You win this time, Mister I.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm   Reply with quote

How about this?

In the Paper Mario series, where does Luigi's accent go?

Also: Bowser's regeneration is explained in New Super Mario Bros.
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
The Double Duece!
Strong Bad

HP: 99 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:35 pm   Reply with quote

In 3d Mario games, Mario is able to make simple sentances, while in RPGs, he is a silent protaginst. What's the deal with that?
Toad House    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 pm   Reply with quote

I have a question.

Why did Spinies suddenly get replaced by Spikies in Super Mario RPG?
Gemstone Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Star Carnival