digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Make a Pixl Contest -- Judging ((Sorry it took so long.))

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 am   Reply with quote

Last Notice in the Make a Pixl Contest

Judged based on:

1) Guidelines
2) Concept
3) Believability
4) Do I actually like the idea?

---

Entry 1: Glitz Yoshi - "Spaedace" - Personality flip

Guidelines. Okay, it follows the body-set, the eyes, and the wings. Problem here is 'color'. It feels a little too monochrome to me. None of the real pixls were black and white. I think it could had been better done if the black coloring was actually a dark purple or something Eh... The concept is pretty similar to Flip, although its more of a personality flip than dimension. Also, there's only one evil Pixl, and this was the very first. The prototype. There were bound to be a few bugs with it... Not really belivable. Especially how its might be a mini-boss (or boss) that is killed with one hit.
1/4 scoring.

Entry 2: Frozenwinters - "Cheerio" - 'Defense Boost'

It follows the guidelines very well, but only apperance and name (and a two-word explanation of its power) was given. What does a halo have to do with increasing one's defense? I can connect the name to the shape (Cheerio cereal), but not the power. I like the look, but its just not enough.
1.5/4

Entry 3: FireIce - "Bleep" - Drain HP from enemies

... It follows nothing but the geometric part of the guidelines. There are no black pixls (not a racist comment, readers... -_-; ) and none BLEED. Its sort of a good idea, but not something you'd see Mario using. Overall, this is... interesting, but not belivable.
0.25/4

Entry 4: Red Shyguy - "Infino" - Time stop

Okay, this guy is too similiar in appearance to Boomer. Also, it would had been at least a little better to have one eye in each circle, or at least to connect the inner circles... It fills the guidelines, but its practically Boomer. Powers, though, are unique and would be helpful. But... the name does not really fit the power. Sure, it might when you have infinite 3D-power, but not when you first get him.
.5/4

Entry 5: CudgeIsCool - "Eekaboo" - Invisibility

Cute... It looks like a Boo. xD I was hoping for a more original design (as this is clearly a stylized Boo) but this is cute. Powers, though, are kind of redundant when you have Slim, who when you stop walking turns you invisible and invulnerable. Remember: just because you're invisible doesn't mean you can't be hurt.
1.5/4

Entry 6: Captain Geno - "Mumbo" - 'Giantification'

Great design! Falls perfectly into the guidelines, too. Original, and helpful... sort of. Only problem I see is that, if we go by NSMB's Super Mushroom or SPM's Mega Star, you'd crush everything.
3.5/4

Entry 7: Zelnor - "RT RGB" - Draw

Okay, the design is... okay, but its too small to really get a good look at. A bit shiny when compaired to the real Pixls, too. The idea is okay, but it just won't work with the Wiimote. Maybe if it was a preset choices you could pick, but not if you draw them. Also, the concept is way too similar to Magic Pengel. Look, you even have add-ons to it!
1/4

Entry 8: Dann Woolf - Flambe - Fireballs

Nice. Design calls to mind the Fire Flowers, but this is probably intentional. Follows the guildelines very well. I like how the wings are its leaves. xD Adding the descriptions of fireballs unique to the user was a nice touch. Very useful and this would go perfectly into the SPM-version Mario world.
4/4

Entry 9: Glitz Yoshi - Neertal - Bitland Portal

Design... This thing keeps reminding me of an enemy in SPM. I don't remember its name, but its in the Whoa Zone. This... is rather pointless, actually. Even with the 'imaginary land of Digibutter powers', its still of no use.
.5/4

Entry 10: O'Chunks - Stawart - sword
No image supplied.

Sorry, buck-o, but you didn't give me an image.
Disqualified

Entry 11: wizardkid222 - Sheen - Flashlight

Eh... its an okay idea, but overall is not really useful. Stunning enemies and lighting up Underwhere (the 'stairway to Overthere' area, specifically) is good, but that's all there is to it.
2/4

Entry 12: Amazee Dayzee - Deeg - Hide

Not a very unique design, and its not geometrical. Its power is so-so, but it doesn't seem belivable to me.
1/4

Entry 13: Creepy Mario - Lazarus - Laser weapon

Guns? In Mario? The only gun I remember seeing a Mario character use were all those cannons and Geno's finger-blaster. But this does sound okay. I like how overcharging takes away 1 hp, but would any Mario character really use it? Design is good, but the black drop-shadow doesn't help it at all.
2/4

Entry 14: Gear - Grapeora - Temporary Combine

A... stapler. Okay... Unoriginal design, but it is geometrical. Hmm... Its power sounds like a portable kitchen.
2/4

---

Scores
Entry 1: Glitz Yoshi - "Spaedace" - 1/4
Entry 2: Frozenwinters - "Cheerio" - 1.5/4
Entry 3: FireIce - "Bleep" - 0.25/4
Entry 4: Red Shyguy - "Infino" - .5/4
Entry 5: CudgeIsCool - "Eekaboo" - 1.5/4
Entry 6: Captain Geno - "Mumbo" - 3.5/4
Entry 7: Zelnor - "RT RGB" - 1/4
Entry 8: Dann Woolf - Flambe - 4/4
Entry 9: Glitz Yoshi - Neertal - .5/4
Entry 10: O'Chunks - Stawart - Disqualified
Entry 11: wizardkid222 - Sheen - 2/4
Entry 12: Amazee Dayzee - Deeg - 1/4
Entry 13: Creepy Mario - Lazarus - 2/4
Entry 14: Gear - Grapeora - 2/4

Top 4
1: Dann Woolf - Flambe - 4/4
2: Captain Geno - "Mumbo" - 3.5/4
3a: wizardkid222 - Sheen - 2/4
3b: Creepy Mario - Lazarus - 2/4

Congraduations, winners! Your Pixls will be made into trophies and you will be awarded 50 coins! PM me to collect your prizes! ^-^
Dark Land Supply Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Contests & Tournaments