digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Various item ideas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups -> Item Enthusiasts
i am the sandwich
Vid Inferno
Vampire

HP: 73 MP: 0 Lives: 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:36 pm   Reply with quote

Seeing that many ideas for items have been come up with by various people, I thought that these item ideas should have a topic dedicated to them. So, if you have any ideas for items that could work on Digibutter, post them here! I'll start off by editing a few into this post in a minute or so. I've had many ideas for items for a long time.
Anti-Francis Mart    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

A transformation type item, such as a Smash Ball, Zombie Shroom, etc.?
Shop of Stev-0    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm   Reply with quote

Quote:
Inspired by what somebody posted in Mama Luigi's topic. There should be a Trophy Stand item in the Smash Dojo shop, and it would cost 10 coins. If used on anybody with 15 or less HP and no extra lives, it turns them into a trophy. The member who used the Trophy Stand would get a copy of the trophy in their profiles.

When a member is a trophy, they cannot use items, and they can't un-trophy themselves. However, somebody else can change them back for free, and when turned back, the member is healed to 100 HP, but they can't attack the person who trophy'd them for a week. And you can't turn somebody into a trophy if you already have their trophy.

Once the item is released, everyone can set a small custom image for their own trophy (32x32 or 50x50 pixels would be fine), and that image goes over a small image of a trophy base.

Example:

Also there could be a Trophy Gun Dark Cannon item that turns the victim into a trophy regardless of their HP, as long as they have no extra Lives, but uses up 10 MP and costs a lot of coins (200 would be good). It might seem like an overpowered item, but think about it this way: You're spending 10 MP (which could be used instead to heal 50 HP or deal 40 damage) to turn somebody into a trophy, but somebody can revive them to full HP for free.

And you can still have an avatar while you're a trophy.

Anybody like/hate these ideas, or have anything they want to add on to this?
http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=75966
((I dealt with several issues on balance and abuse and such in the topic.))

Also, bottle a rum = item, in case anybody's gettin' confused by the Pirate filters.
Ultimario Mart!    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 am   Reply with quote

... I still suggest Twilight as an item.

Every shop would create Twilight as their personal variant, so UltiMario would have UltiMario's Twilight, etc. The standart image are ye olde black magic rectangles, but you can brand or recolor 'em.

The price of Twilight is dynamic - it is the mathematical average of all item prices in your shop, rounded up to the nearest five.

When used, the Twilight becomes a random item from that shop and disappears.

If the Zelda-like idea of Twilight isn't liked, then a Goodie Bag (Mario Party 4) and Big Goodie Bg can be thrown in instead, the Big Goodie Bag costing more, but giving three random items.

Also, my second proposal is the first one I ever made here in the Forum:

I want the Seven Crystal Stars as an item.

They wouldn't be bought, but would go from user to user once a day. The complimentary item, the Magical Map, would allow you to see who has them (they wouldn't be shown in the normal inventory; only the bearer can see them there) and for the cost of half your SP (they'd become a new value next to HP and MP, would recharge every day at 0:00 and would not be shown; they merely are to limit Star Attacks in case you use the map). The max no. of SP is seven, enabling you get any of the seven attacks; when you use the map, it becomes four, batting off the more powerful three.

If you use the stars, a randomizer goes off, from zero to x, x being your max SP at the time.

0 - Sweet Treat
1 - Earth Tremor
2 - Clock Out
3 - Power Plus
4 - Art Attack
5 - Sweet Feast
6 - Showstopper
7 - Supernova

The number rolled would correspond to the attacks:

0 - Sweet Treat

Replenishes between 5 - 20 HP and 1 - 5 MP

1 - Earth Tremor
Does between 10 and 25 points of damage.

2 - Clock Out

Target user / oneself / both are banned for 5 - 15 minutes upon their next login; if logged in upon Clock Out, they get forcefully logged out.

3 - Power Plus

User's next 1 - 4 Attacks deal 150 / 200 / 225% damage and he receives
75 / 60 / 50% damage from other's attacks for 24 hours

4 - Art Attack
For every post in RP, YC or GD the user does in the next 10 minutes, the target receives 5 points of damage. Posts must be over 25 words in length; I chose those forums because spam or posts of ". . . . . . . . . . . . " (which would look like words as simple filters count by the spaces) are rare, if not punished.

5 - Sweet Feast

Restored between 30 - 70 HP and 5 - 10 MP

6 - Showstopper

Either you, your opponent, or both are instantly killed. Drains MP, too.

7 - Supernova

Deals between 50 - 70 points of damage to target, uses up all of your MP.

Also, we need enchantments, like in Guild Wars - Time-based little bonuses that appear as teeny-tiny icons over your avatar, like they to in the left upper corner in GW. Power Up would be an enchantment; Clock Out would be, too, and user created enchantments (which you'd use via scrolls [cheap] or maybe learn via spellbooks [expensive]) would spice things up. They wouldn't be permanent, and could therefore be given more power.

As a standart limit, you can only cast up to three enchantments on one user a day, and a user can have only up to five enchantments on them at any given time.

Nerr 2.0... WITH MAGIC.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Groups