digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Some scientific thing I thought up.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:26 pm   Reply with quote

In 7th block Biology today, I got my scientific innovation juices flowing.

I thought of how, with the celluloid robot technology I talk about sometimes, a new Homo Sapien could be invented. Since human fetuses are grown when only 2 half cells merge, why can't someone re-create those cells with nanotechnology and edit them as to create a Super Homo Sapien embryo. If not creating the cells with organic material from the start, someone could create it with non-organic materials, and have it programmed so it uses organic material to build new ones. Then they could plant the embryo into a surrogate, and then a Super Human could be born. It could be breedable with humans, and have a larger brain or any other feature desired. Sounds like a perfect plan right?

Maybe not. A big part of science is dealing with ethical morals and if it would be beneficial to society. I want your views on this and I also want to know if you think I'm insane for thinking of this. I already know of some things that you might ask, so I listed them below:

Huh? What are you talking about? If you don't understand this, don't comment.
What if they took over?!?!?! If they are breedable with humans, then eventually, the whole human race would become more evolved, and would have the new features of the SHS (Super Homo Sapien).
You are one *cragged* up High Schooler for thinking about stuff like this. I am well aware of that. However, if you choose to comment like this, nobody will agree with you. There is no backing to why this is a bad idea in that post.
I don't need this, I'm already perfect! O rly? Well apparently nobody else is, just look at all the problems in society. Also, you won't turn into a SHS magically if this is done.
I don't need anything more than my internets. Like stated above, you won't turn into a SHS magically.
This is a bad idea. Why?
This is a sin against God! I'm athiest. You have to prove to me why this is a sin, and if God exists.
What if it turns into a monster and wreaks havoc?! Obviously, careful testing and researching on the new being will need to be done. Stuff like this needs an enclosed setting in which to research. The scientist and an asisstant or two could raise the being like a normal human child and see how it develops. The technology needed to do things like this would have to be extraordinary. Doing something like this would be no easy or simple task.
What if the government disapproved? Gov't permission would be quite a factor. If no gov't permission was availible, everything would have to be done in secret. If and when the new being was to be released, the physical differences would have to be very unnoticeable.
Laboratory babies, all of the bad, without the good. No cheesey quotes. kthxbai

Your thoughts?
Josh's Useful American Novelties    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote

Joshamuffin wrote:
and have a larger brain or any other feature desired.

You KNOW what some people will want, then.
Tamriellic Titles    
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:35 pm   Reply with quote

Sheogorath wrote:
Joshamuffin wrote:
and have a larger brain or any other feature desired.

You KNOW what some people will want, then.

Joshamuffin wrote:
you won't turn into a SHS magically.
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:37 pm   Reply with quote

tl;dr franis ben mi plx
asdf    
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm   Reply with quote

However, it would be possible to use technology like that to change existing humans.
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm   Reply with quote

I think I heard someone talk about this before.

It's an interesting idea, but there were some small counters to it that I can't remember.

Lemme see if I can find them. It was a while ago, so I might not be able to
Piccolo's Goods    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:52 pm   Reply with quote

My question is:

WHY. THE *crag*. WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO THIS!?

Humans already exist, in case you haven't noticed... robots don't need to become humans.

It's stupid beyond reason.
rawrshop    
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:55 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
My question is:

Humans already exist, in case you haven't noticed... robots don't need to become humans.

Why is it stupid? Humans do exist, however, they can be improved.
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, lets all become perfect! We'll all be exactly the same with no ideas greater than ourselves. What a world!
Tamriellic Titles    
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:57 pm   Reply with quote

Sheogorath wrote:
Yeah, lets all become perfect! We'll all be exactly the same with no ideas greater than ourselves. What a world!

I never said we had to be the same. And I never said that perfection can be reached.
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:08 pm   Reply with quote

Joshamuffin wrote:
Kitsune0012 wrote:
My question is:

Why is it stupid? Humans do exist, however, they can be improved.

Don't you realize that the conscious mind of a human is something that is so very complex. Even the stupidest of hickerbillies has a lot going on in their heads at once.

Sure, you could make "humans" "better"... but that wouldn't really do anything. In case you haven't noticed... Nature knows what it's doing. It's been doing it for years and it's gonna keep doing it. You don't need to get in the way.

Besides, those things aren't human... they're robots, and they aren't real and they aren't natural. There's no need to bring a new species into existence... we have enough problems with a few "rebellious" humans... if we have rebellious robot things made out of a ton of steel, then we have much bigger problems.
rawrshop    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

One thing I wonder about it is how the SHS's would necessarily "feel". If they had no feeling and were only robots, we might as well make super computers. If we make them with "feelings" there would be conflicts between the normal people and SHS's. There would probably be a higher suicide rate because of this. This in itself becomes a problem. We would have many dead bodies lying around with nothing to get rid of them. If it did succeed, people would use them for war and I don't think people want more war.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:30 pm   Reply with quote

SHS: Super Human Syndrome

Humans are humans... we'd like to be perfect, true... but...

there are so many problems with this. Moral problems, physical problems...

Civilization is only working right now because humans have made compromise upon compromise, and also because no human is strong enough to take out all other humans.

If we have a blood-thirsty, cold-blooded killer with a super-modified brain and a robot body... it doesn't matter if you have the best team of nerrs around... the robot will be hacking THEM, if you know what I mean.

This is stupid, it's something you simply SHOULD NOT DO!
rawrshop    
He's that guy.
Merlink

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote

This is unnatural. And to alter the human body and brain like that, you would have to COMPLETELY understand it. Altering the body could induce strange and unwanted hormones. Altering the brain could reduce the capacity or make it incapable of feeling, emotion, sight, sound, smell, individuality, or even learning.

And, if the whole capability of thought worked out, any defects would soon be recognized by the 'patient'. Those responsible would be completely liable, unless someone were stupid enough to sign a waiver....

This idea creeps me out a little. It's a little more than plastic surgery. Anyone who submitted to this act would regret it - if they were still capable of emotion and standard human thought. It was a good idea to start, but there are WAY too many things that could go wrong. NO government would submit to this kind of testing, anyway.
Merland    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 pm   Reply with quote

intriguing by my standards it seems quite wise.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion